News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Trying to get stockmate up and running again.

Search Discussion Boards
February 03, 2010 12:21AM
Welcome back! The stock problems that we had back prior to December 2008 got corrected. I read back on those old posts and I am sure glad those days are behind us.

My suggestion is check out the posts starting on February 18, 2008 and then my reply of how I have worked around the issue. The post I made was on March 22, 2008. I think the international calendar is on about page 48 or so of the Angus Association Handbook. If you so desire to further visit about what I did talk to Deb and she can tell you how you can contact me. But you are correct if you really want to follow the blood line, plan for the worst, save as many tag numbers as you can. Allflex EID tags have stayed good for me, the location in the ear seems most important. The metal Bangs tags seem to come out quite often, so I don't trust metal tags. You know an old cow just enjoys making more work for us. The real permanent way to give the animals a number they can't loose is freeze brand them as yearlings in December through February before they shed in the spring. I know a good freeze brand works well on Herefords as well as Angus. Also if these are purebreds and really special you might consider a picture. The pedigree report prints a picture, too.

Till Later

Melvin
SubjectAuthorPosted

Trying to get stockmate up and running again.

hobbieFebruary 02, 2010 05:19PM

Mitch KonenFebruary 03, 2010 12:21AM

Melvin G.February 03, 2010 12:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited