News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Trying to get stockmate up and running again.

Search Discussion Boards
February 02, 2010 05:19PM
I am looking for good ideas on how to get stockmate up to date and also in sync with funds.

I had all my cattle and inventory 100% perfect a year or so back. We then went on to a version that moved all my cattle to unassinged. At that point I tried reassigning them to their location and ended up with a terrible mess since I had no hardcopy I was doing it off memory. About the same time I bought a herd of cattle from the neighbor and messed things up trying to enter the cattle. Then we lost a bunch of tags that year and have some animals in program that we are not sure who they are in the pasture. I have tried half heartedly to enter info this last year. So with all the messing around I have some cattle in farmstock and some not. My funds inventory is not even close and the accounts on farmstock and funds do not appear to be tied together anymore so if it asks "do you want to enter in farmstock" it cant or doesn't do it since they are not connected.

I am about to start the process of reinstalling a readable tag (from a distance) in each cow. I am going to install a secondary metal tag or possibly a eid tag in each cow so the chances of losing both are hopefully none.

I don't want to lose the information on blood lines and birthdates on the cows I can identify.

Any ideas on where to start. My thoughts are retag and get a list of cows. Then sort out the ones that we can identify. Then it gets fuzzy on what the best way to get everything else working right.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2010 05:20PM by hobbie.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Trying to get stockmate up and running again.

hobbieFebruary 02, 2010 05:19PM

Re: Trying to get stockmate up and running again.

Mitch KonenFebruary 03, 2010 12:21AM

Re: Trying to get stockmate up and running again.

Melvin G.February 03, 2010 12:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited