News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Identifying animals

Search Discussion Boards
January 31, 2010 05:47PM
Selecting the option for individually identifying animals, or dairy records, should only be available at the group level.

Case on point: (Funds and Stock)

Species - Cattle
Animal Type - Cattle
At this point I have the option to select Identify individually or keep Dairy records.
If I select either of these at this point, this selection is locked in to every group created in this animal type.
If I have a group of Cows I would probably want this, but if I bring in a group of steers I would not.

If I DO NOT select either of these options at this time, I can still individually identify a group of Animal Type - Cattle within the Inventory Tab of the group by selecting the group and selecting Edit.
Conversly; if I do select identify individuals, and I do bring in some steers in which I do not care to identify individually, the program will not let me finish this group until I do identify them. I get an Error: Individuals not identified, or something along that line. I can use the default format to indentify these, but it leads to a big list of numbers in which they are hard to follow, and if I bring in another group I have to remember where the previuos number scheme left off as it will not allow two groups brought in on the same day to have the same numbers.

Does this sound logical?
Thanks,

Mitch
SubjectAuthorPosted

Identifying animals

Mitch KonenJanuary 31, 2010 05:47PM

Re: Identifying animals

Melvin G.January 31, 2010 11:30PM

Mitch KonenFebruary 01, 2010 09:33AM

Deb HurrawFebruary 02, 2010 04:09PM

Mitch KonenFebruary 02, 2010 10:36PM

Melvin G.February 02, 2010 11:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited