News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Milk test - Making Graphs

Search Discussion Boards
Paul,
Making the Milk Test report date sensitive is on our list of things to add for a future release of Farm Stock.

Also, we are planning on adding the ability to save any report in an ASCII format. This would allow you to load a report into any spreadsheet or database program where you could create a graph.

For the time being, the current raw data files are in a Paradox format, which can be loaded into most spreadsheets. I just created a spreadsheet in Excel and did a quick graph, here's what I did:
1. In Excel select "Get External Data" from the "Data" menu. This will take you to Microsoft Query.
2. In the "Select Data Source" box click on "Paradox Files" then click on the Use button.
3. In the Add Tables box open your c:farmprojdata00000001.prj directory. Then open the directory for the animal type (such as "Dairy").
4. In the area on the left, click on the file called "Main.db" then click on the "Add" button.
5. Next, click on the file called "Testday.db" then click on the "Add" button.
6. Click on the Close button.
7. You'll have a window for Main.db, find the item for "Name" and double-click on it to add it to the spreadsheet.
8. You'll also have a window for Testday.db, double-click on each item that you wish to work with (graph) to add them to the spreadsheet.
9. Select "Return Data to Microsoft Excel" from the File menu and the data will be added to an Excel spreadsheet that you can use for graphs or other reports.

This is a good method for creating any type of special report or graph with Farm Works Data.

I hope this helps!
R. Scott Nusbaum
Farm Works Software
SubjectAuthorPosted

Milk test

Paul Davis March 10, 1998 12:00AM

Milk test - Making Graphs

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software March 10, 1998 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited