News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Pixel / Grid Cell Size for Prescription polygon boundaries

Search Discussion Boards
June 04, 2015 07:24AM
Kathy,

I did not state my question clearly.

I can handle AgLeader displays already by virtue of using AgLeader SMS Basic to create those prescriptions, with which I can customize grid cell size during the creation of the prescription. So, no problem there, but I do not use Farm Works to do it.

My challenges are with other makes of displays, including Greenstar and 20/20 Seed Sense.

For example, when I select the 20/20 display in the Write Job popup dialog, there is no Advanced Setup option period.

When I select a Greenstar (GS) display in the Write Job popup dialog, there is indeed an Advanced Setup option which allows me to customize grid size. However, the problem occurs later in that when the grower imports my GS3_2630 formatted file collection containing the prescription, it overwrites everything else on the GS. Unless someone remembers to first download the grower's existing data from the display, the grower loses everything that was recorded since the last time it was downloaded. The underlying cause of that problem lies, I suspect, with the fact that my computer does not have ALL of the grower's GS farm data. Consequently, my GS3_2630 file folder contains only the single prescription and nothing else. Bottom line with GS displays, I guess, is that the problem is really more with Deere than with Farm Works, but is aggravating none the less, because Deere's Apex software does not provide options for setting grid cell sizes either.

RL (Bob) Nielsen
Purdue Univ
W. Lafayette, IN

Farmworks Office v2016.02.00.57
Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10.5
Parallels Desktop 11.2.1 for Mac
Running Win 7 32-bit
SubjectAuthorPosted

Pixel / Grid Cell Size for Prescription polygon boundaries

RL (Bob) NielsenJune 02, 2015 04:52PM

KathyClineJune 03, 2015 09:51AM

RL (Bob) NielsenJune 04, 2015 07:24AM

KathyClineJune 04, 2015 08:30AM

RL (Bob) NielsenJune 04, 2015 02:10PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited