News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Variety Maps on Mobile

Search Discussion Boards
June 14, 2012 07:14AM
Nicole,

Correct me if I am wrong, but at least in the older versions of Mobile legends for background layers could only be used for number attributes, not choice or text data. Maybe the latest versions are different?

I use almost daily in my scouting background shape files in Mobile. It really is handy. But to do this, you need a workaround. It's not hard to do once the legend is set up and saved as a template:

I do this by creating a new NUMBER attribute in the desktop software and assign a numerical value for each variety (1, 2, 3, 4. etc). Define each variety according to its unique number tag. Then export the layer as a shape file and bring to Mobile. Pull it up as a background layer and create a legend. The legend breaks should be something like 0.5 to 1.5, 1.5 to 2.5, 2.5 to 3.5, etc. Save this legend as a template to use for other farms. Then choose the labels option and tell it to display the text label of each variety.

You now will have a background layer in Mobile showing different colors by variety and also displaying text on the fields with the variety name.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Variety Maps on Mobile

WaynoMay 18, 2012 03:55PM

Nicole YoqueletMay 21, 2012 10:25AM

bviatorJune 14, 2012 07:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited