News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Site/TracMate on netbooks

Search Discussion Boards
June 02, 2009 09:21PM
Hi, I Have an Acer Aspire One with a 8.9 inch Screen Dual N270 @ 1.60GHz CPUs, 160gig Hard Drive, I Have it since Christmas and Took it along on vacation with a Student Trip as a chaparon parent, we used it a Lot to upload the Kids Pics to Facebook and Send Email and Even Video Converence in Hotels with Free Wifi. It was no trouble to Bring along. I Have Installed Guide Mate and Site Mate on it but only used it in a Tractor for Guidence once with a Garmen 5-18 GPS, Screen Glares a Lot and you need to be able to Adjust it to just the Right angle to See Something. at Night the Screen Can't go Dark Enough to not Give you a Blinding Glare. It also Needs to Be Open and so Takes a Lot of Space in a Tractor Cab. Always Make Backups to a USB Key or other Computer. If you Decide to buy it Buy it at Stapels Or a Place like that Where they Offer Swim with it Insurnence Lots of $$ but in an Application like this Worth it. So If You Drop it, Run Over it, or Anything doesent Work within the Next 2 or 3 Years. That way You are Not stuck with Slow Acer Service. They Will Take Care of it No Questions Aasked. Its a Great Littl Computer at a Good Price.
I Saw An HP with Touch screen the Other day that Can Pivot to Flip Over and Flip back over Keyboard that way it would be more of a Flat pannel taking up Less Space.
Best would Be a Tiatan RT with a Real Computer Inside Running Windows XP Fam. Or Better. (reasen I did not Buy Titan RT in First place Because does not have enough Speed , Memorie and no windows XP to Run Other Software.

Hope this Helps, Have a Great Day

JD
SubjectAuthorPosted

Site/TracMate on netbooks

robwMay 25, 2009 08:54PM

Jean PaskoJune 25, 2009 06:08PM

Duane AndersonMay 27, 2009 08:38AM

robwMay 29, 2009 08:47AM

KathyClineMay 26, 2009 01:42PM

Jurg DeringerJune 02, 2009 09:21PM

DeanCampbellJune 15, 2009 01:14PM

Jurg DeringerJune 17, 2009 09:42PM

KathyClineJune 15, 2009 02:45PM

robwJune 09, 2009 08:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited