News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Suggestion for future update - Shortcuts on desktop for VR application

Search Discussion Boards
March 30, 2001 12:00AM
Didn't really think about the need for the following suggestion till we hired a field operations associate who on a scale of 1 to 10 in being computer literate is a "0". This concerns using Site Mate for Variable Rate application.

This is the feature we want. Be able to place shortcuts on our Windows desktop with the name of the field or farm and the product to be applied. When double clicked on this would load Site Mate with the associated VR file. All information for this application could be preset, including the log file name. The operator would not have to chase the cursor around the screen to click ok, look to see what the log file is named or anything, just double click & go.

This would work much like having a document on the desktop & when double clicked it automatically knows to load it into Word.

Although this would be most beneficial for inexperienced computer operators, even I would like to have this just so I do not have to squint at the screen & waste time while I could be operating the tractor. The more that can be preprogramed before we get to the field, the less time wasted while in the field.

For your consideration, thanks.

John
SubjectAuthorPosted

John Burns March 30, 2001 12:00AM

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software April 02, 2001 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited