News Office Field Order Support About Us

sampling grid export to Site Mate

Search Discussion Boards
Kenna,
You’ve got me scratching my head on this one. Do you have points for more than one field on the same layer? If so, try the following:

1. Make copies of the layer so you have a separate layer for each field. You can do this by right-clicking on the layer in Layer Management and selecting “Copy” then right-clicking on a category and selecting “Paste”.
2. Right-click on each copy of the layer and select “Properties” and change the name of each layer so it reflects one of the fields.
3. Display each layer as the Active Layer and delete all the points except for the points for just a single field.
4. Re-export the layer as a shape file and try loading as a background map in Site Mate.

If you have a lot of points that cover a large distance, sometimes they can be hard to see just because of the large distance covered. Limiting the display to a single field at a time can get around this problem.

My only other question would be are you sure that there are points on the layer? Go to Layer Management, and right-click on the layer and select “Properties”. Make sure that the layer is a “Points” layer. Next load the layer so that it is the only layer displayed. Zoom All and make sure that there are points on the layer. Because the layer is a Points layer, only points will get exported as a shape file. If the only thing displayed is lines, then these won’t get exported. If you want to export lines, create a new layer that is “Lines Only” and copy the lines to this layer and export that layer as a shape file.

If this doesn’t solve the problem, please e-mail me the shape files. Also go into Layer Management and right-click on the layer and select the “Archive Layer” option and make a backup of the layer and e-mail that to me also. I’ll take a look at the files and see if I can figure out what’s going on.

R. Scott Nusbaum
Farm Works Software

SubjectAuthorPosted

Kenna March 15, 2001 12:00AM

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software March 16, 2001 12:00AM

Kenna March 16, 2001 12:00AM

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software March 17, 2001 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited