News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

October 17, 2000 12:00AM
I have recently purchased Farm Site V6.83 and am in the process of mapping my farm. I have several questions about how to use the program and Farm Site Mate. I grow vegetable crops and make multiple small plantings to keep a constant supply. The sizes of the plantings vary by crop and time of year. Also I may plant as many as three crops in an area within a years time. My understanding of the program is that you define a field and your actions cover the entire field. Can Farm Site Mate be used with a GPS receiver and a PDA to record the portions planted to each crop and then import that information into Farm Site? If so will the basic module do this? Also will it work with a spray rate controller to record chemical applications, such as insecticides, since the areas sprayed can vary because of harvesting? If I draw my fields now from scanned maps and purchase Farm Site Mate later, can I record the boundaries and then update Farm Site to have more accurate maps? Where can I purchase a GPS receiver and how expensive are they? I saw you suggested that a Compaq Aero was a good PDA for outdoor use and have gone to several stores’ Web site to get an idea of cost but haven’t found that model. Have they changed model names or is this still available and how much memory should one have?

Thanks for your help,
Walter

SubjectAuthorPosted

field mapping

Walter Hook October 17, 2000 12:00AM

field mapping

Larry O'Brien October 17, 2000 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | © Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited