News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Cover Crop, (Green Manure) and Changing My mind

Search Discussion Boards
July 27, 2016 01:33PM
For the Fields that were changed to Corn you can Merge the 2016 Winter Rye to the newly created 2016 Corn by following these steps:

1. Click on the Resource Menu and select Enterprises.
2. Use the Client/Farm/Field filter button and select just the first field changing from Rye to Corn.
3. Hold down on the CTRL Key and left click on the 2016 Corn and 2016 Winter Rye so both become highlighted.
4. Click the Merge button.
5. Answer Yes you wish to Merge
6. When the Enterprise selection screen displays, place dot by the 2016 Corn and click OK again.
7. Repeat for the second Field.

Correcting partial enterprise split:

1. Go to the Field Name from the Red Barn Tab. Right click on the 2016 Winter Rye and select Properties. Change the Area box to correct acres saved and not changed to Corn. Click OK. Then Right click on Same Field Name and select New Crop Enterprise. Setup the 2016 Corn for the correct Area that was split from the 2016 Winter Rye. Click OK.

2. I am assuming you entered Farming Operations for the Seeding for the 2016 Winter Rye. This will need to be edited and change the area farmed to just the Acres left in Rye. Make sure the seed supply used in the job has reduced in the qty applied or change to correct. Click OK. Record a new seeding job for same supply and any other inputs used matching the job you just edited, but this time select the 2016 Corn Enterprise and then making sure the seed qty amount used is the balance we took away from the original job for the Winter Rye. Click OK.

If I am misunderstanding how the seed cost got allocated to the Field please let me know the correct steps you followed.

Thanks,

Kathy Cline,
Farm Works Software
SubjectAuthorPosted

Cover Crop, (Green Manure) and Changing My mind

Jurg DeringerJuly 26, 2016 08:28PM

KathyClineJuly 27, 2016 01:33PM

Jurg DeringerJuly 28, 2016 06:25AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited