News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: Grain storage

Search Discussion Boards
July 30, 2015 10:33AM
Joel,

I couldn't really say which monitor's are the best for working with FW. A person has to just learn how to work with all of them. I have worked with quite a few and they are all manageable when extracting info if the operator enters the info up front.
I haven't worked with the GS from the operator seat enough to know all the settings.

As far as keeping track of grain inventories, that pretty much comes down to an individual preference in how you want the process to work.
It does get daunting at times and I have gone round and round trying to keep track of grain movement pretty much the same way as what you describe.
I usually leave all harvesting job amounts within the original fields. The regions give me some idea as to how the splits are but it always seems like there is some overlap due to truck drivers not telling me soon enough that the bin is full and the auger needs to be moved. So the actual inventory ends up rolling a little. Hardly ever do I select a harvest location within a harvest job within FW.
Once harvest is over and all the harvest inventory is accounted for with a best guess total amount, do I start splitting things up into individual bins.
I start out with harvested crop inventory sheets which give me the totals for each field. Then I look at yield monitor load reports, which usually have a seperation by load or tag or whatever the operator uses to denote differences. Then I look at my own bin total amounts. Then I also look at my own pocket tally book. Pencil/pen and paper still works the best at times.
Then I move grain from the field harvest location to the bin location.
Then when it is hauled to town I mark each truckloads scale sheet with the location from which it came.

Now all this gets me close but by no means is it accurate until I actually get the settlement sheet to verify total amounts. Then the editing begins in the inventories and yields.

Nothing is actually sold within the program until all inventories and yields are correct. This minimizes the errors and corruption that may occur.

This all seems cumbersome and daunting, but it is a lot of detail as well.

So I think you are doing basically the same thing and looking for an easier way. I am looking as well. But I think we are going to have to realize that for the detail we are just going to have to do the best we can and I think we are.

Have a good harvest,

Mitch
SubjectAuthorPosted

Grain storage

jbastaJuly 23, 2015 08:40AM

Mitch KonenJuly 27, 2015 01:20PM

jbastaJuly 28, 2015 08:30AM

Scott NusbaumJuly 29, 2015 08:48AM

Mitch KonenJuly 29, 2015 09:18AM

jbastaJuly 29, 2015 09:36AM

LeslieJuly 31, 2015 06:43AM

Mitch KonenAugust 03, 2015 10:43AM

LeslieAugust 03, 2015 11:12AM

Mitch KonenJuly 30, 2015 10:33AM

KathyClineJuly 23, 2015 10:54AM

jbastaJuly 23, 2015 11:01AM

KathyClineJuly 23, 2015 02:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited