News Office Field Order Support About Us

May 14, 2012 01:33PM
What is the cause of data corruption in FW projects? It seems this is a long-running topic with no simple solution. I have already followed the recommended route to restoring the project I'm working on (i.e. first restore using a backup that doesn't show the dreaded 'An error has occurred while recording farming operations' message when editing a Job, then rebuild all the data needed to get back to where I was etc), but now it is happening again!

The only things that have changed, as far as I'm aware, is the PC on which FW 2012 is running - a brand new Dell running Win 7 Professional with 4Gb RAM - compared to an older Dell Vostro running Win XP with SP3 and FW 2011. On the older PC, this error message never appeared. I'm already running FW on the new one 'as an Administrator' but that has not solved the problem.

Symtoms are:
1) Notations and Notation Reports are empty (previously they would fill with each fields applications, as required).
2) When Completing a Job, the above error message appears, (I click OK so it goes away), and the job appears as Completed under the correct field, but the Planned Job is still there too (so I then delete that).

Is there any practical solution to this recurring problem? Is it operating system/registry based, is it deep inside FW or is it operator based (what could I be doing wrong)? What is making FW spit out this message and/or why is data being corrupted.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Data Corruption

elsomMay 14, 2012 01:33PM

Re: Data Corruption

KathyClineMay 15, 2012 07:49AM

elsomMay 15, 2012 12:23PM

KathyClineMay 15, 2012 12:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited