News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Hints on working with scanned maps.

Search Discussion Boards
January 27, 1998 12:00AM
Ervin,
The globe button is called the "Zoom All" button. This option will zoom your screen so that you can see everything that has been drawn as well as all scanned maps that are currently being displayed.
I'm assuming that you are using Farm Trac without Farm Site.
When you load a map it will be loaded at the center of your drawing area. This center is established as the first place that you start drawing a map. My guess is that you started drawing in one spot and then started drawing at another spot.
When this happens you can click on the Zoom All button (the little globe) and move the other map to the correct position (using the Move button on the Backdrop Tools toolbar).
Or if you want to insure that maps load at the correct position:
1. Zoom to the main area of the screen that you have been working in (the area where you want the map to load).
2. Switch to your Mapping Tools and Right-click on the Grid Snap button.
3. Left-click on the Move Grid button.
4. Your cursor will change to a grid. Left-click on the spot on your map where you would like all future maps to load.
This will make this spot the center of your drawing world.
The only limit to the number of maps that can be displayed is based on the amount of memory that your computer has. To help with this be sure to scan your maps at a low resolution, we use 100 dots per inch (dpi).
Also, it is not necessary to load all of your maps at once. I recomend loading as many as you need for a single farm (or group of fields that are together). You can then map out these fields, remove these maps and then load the next set of maps.
Also, if your scanner is TWAIN compatible, you can scan your maps directly into the Calibrate program. To do this, go into Calibrate, then select "Scan (TWAIN)" from the File menu then select "Acquire Image."

I hope this helps!
R. Scott Nusbaum
SubjectAuthorPosted

No subject entered.

Ervin January 26, 1998 12:00AM

R. Scott Nusbaum January 27, 1998 12:00AM

R. Scott Nusbaum January 27, 1998 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited