News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

accrual records for production, cash basis for finance

Search Discussion Boards
December 31, 1997 12:00AM
Kathy,
It is possible to go back for 1997 and only enter the records that you want to keep track of. In your case you could:
1. Setup in Initial Setup all 96 harvested crops that were still being stored as of 1/1/97. This will allow you to enter the bushels of these crops that were sold.
2. Record all of the 1997 Harvest farming actions. Note that you do not need to know the yield from each field. You can record one large farming action for each crop by clicking on all of the fields that had the crop and then entering all of the scale tickets for the crop. It is important that you enter the 1997 harvests so that you will have the bushels of the crop to sell.
3. Enter all of the necessary farming actions in order to create your landlord records.

This will give you the records that you said that you wanted out of the program for 1997...however entering only part of your farming actions will give you an incomplete set of books and unless you spend a great deal of time cleaning things up you won't have good records going into 1998.

The best suggestion that I have is to start a brand new project in 1998. Name your first project "97 My Farm" and enter the 97 information that you want to keep (as I explained above). Then start a new project out called "98 My Farm" and start this project out from scratch as of 1/1/98.

With your 1998 project you can use Initial Setup to enter beginning values for field crops (this is where you can enter a value for 98 Wheat that was planted in 97) and harvested crops (for 97 harvested crops that will be sold in 98).

With regards to the Tutorial, the Farm Fund$ section of the tutorial has a whole section on Initial Setup that will show you how to get started.

With regards to year-ends, if you start a new project for 1998, you will not need to complete a year-end until the end of 1998.

I hope this helps!

R. Scott Nusbaum
Farm Works Software
SubjectAuthorPosted

Kathy December 30, 1997 12:00AM

R. Scott Nusbaum December 31, 1997 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited