News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

November 10, 1997 12:00AM
Try the following:
1. When the field is defined set it up with the "Share Crop" designation. This will allow you to keep track of the total inputs used on the field as well as total harvest.
2. When you purchase supplies, purchase the quantity that you are paying for. If you pay for all supplies and your partner repays you for his 1/2 then sell him 1/2 of the supplies.
3. When you record a farming action you will be asked for the total quantity of supplies used on the field. You will also enter a landlord's percentage, which will be 50% for your partner. The program will only actually take your 1/2 of the supplies out of inventory.
4. When you pay cash rent, use the Other Expense option and apply the rent to the appropriate fields. Be sure to apply this to "Field Crops - Mine."
5. When you harvest the field you will enter the total harvest as well as 50% for the landlord's percentage.
6. When you print an enterprise statement you can show:
Farm Inputs only - this will show only your costs.
Landlord Inputs only - this will show your partner's costs.
Farm and Landlord Inputs - this will show all costs.

Note that you can keep track of your partner's share of rent expense by selecting Enterprises from the Accounting menu then select Allocate Inputs. In the Allocate Inputs box you can select "Expenses" then click on Rent Expense and enter the amount of rent paid by your partner. Then in the Enterprises area select "Field Crops - Landlord" and click on the applicable fields. This cost will show up as the partner/landlord's costs, not yours.

I hope this helps!

R. Scott Nusbaum
Farm Works Software

Field set up

Corey Klein November 10, 1997 12:00AM

Field set up

R. Scott Nusbaum November 10, 1997 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited