July 01, 1997 12:00AM
Farm Works is an easy way to record what has been done, but I would like to use it to plan what to do. For instance, I as a consultant make herbicide recommendations to my growers, I want him to do something on a particular field at a particular time. Such as spray Field1 with 6 oz Banvel SGF and 3/4 pintg of MCPE on 6/25/97. (Even better would be a timeline of between 6/23/97 and 6/30/97.) This is a lot diferent than recording it like it is done because what is planned isn't always done. A farmer could use this to tell his hired hand to use the John Deere to cultivate Field1 & Field2 then harrow Field3 then spray Field2... Or a custom applicator could in Site pro create spray lists for each sprayer. It seems strange to hand a grower a hand written recommendation, and then use your computer programs to record what was done after the fact.

I would also like to have the ability to easily map several different weeds/pests as I travel over fields. Many yield monitors have the ability to map weeds at the push of a button as the combine moves but only one or two. I am talking at least 5 and preferably 10 pests. The recorded data should automatically go to a layer for each different pest that can be modified as the pest spreads or shrinks.

Lastly, it would be real nice to have real time elevation, everything here is topographically controlled, from soil test levels to some weeds to crop yields. Grids are pretty worthless except as an aid in freehand drawing something on a map.

Thank you.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Planning in Farm Works software, multiple weeds, wishes.

Marvin Nelson July 01, 1997 12:00AM

Re: Planning in Farm Works software, multiple weeds, wishes.

Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software July 02, 1997 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login