News Office Field Order Support Contact Us

Re: I do not want to re-draw my entire farm!

Search Discussion Boards
If you're looking at drawing your map from scratch and you want to used a scanned map (such as an ASCS map or County map) you will only be using the scanned map to trace off of. You won't be able to actually use any of the lines on the map (other than using them to trace over). Using your ASCS maps will probably work best since these will have field boundaries on them. Note that you don't have to trace everything on the map (you can disregard section lines and fields that belong to someone else). All you'll want to do is calibrate the scanned ASCS map and then load it onto the screen and trace the roads, waterways and field boundaries that you need.

Note that if you are using Farm Site you can load in the USGS Dlg maps for roads and waterways. These are different from the scanned ASCS maps since these maps are actually lines of your roads and waterways that someone else has drawn for you. If you have Farm Site, check out the Links page on this website for a link to the USGS website to download the roads and waterways for your area.

I'm sorry to hear that your accountant does not like our depreciation schedule. If he has any suggestions for us please feel free to pass them on.

I hope that this helps!
R. Scott Nusbaum CPA
Farm Works Software
SubjectAuthorPosted

I do not want to re-draw my entire farm!

Steve Holthouse April 22, 1997 12:00AM

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software April 22, 1997 12:00AM

KAREN GEERSEN May 13, 1997 12:00AM

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software May 14, 1997 12:00AM

Jim Smithheisler May 14, 1997 12:00AM

Karen Geersen May 20, 1997 12:00AM

R. Scott Nusbaum - Farm Works Software May 20, 1997 12:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | İ Copyright 2009, Trimble Navigation Limited